Didn’t I just say last week that I was feeling strong about this yarn buying . . or not buying . . or maybe I didn’t say anything about yarn at all! 🙂 Whatever . . I should NOT have said anything.
How should I do this? Which should I say first? Do I tell you what I did or do I explain why I did it? I’ll just tell you what I did.
Wollmeise Lace . . 4 skeins. The bad news is . . there’s 1717 yards on each skein. That’s 6868 yards added to the stash (which is already added in on the sidebar). That’s a darned lot of yards to have to knit!
I hurried up and checked out before someone took my yarn! It’s not mine til it’s paid for and Wollmeise is often cartjacked!
Then I went back and got these two. Since there’s so many yards, I can do mostly what I want to do with just one skein so I only got one skein of each of the four.
Here’s my reasoning for buying more yarn . . you knew I had a good reason, huh? I have been wanting Wollmeise Lace for at least a year and despite being able to catch a Wollmeise DK update (rarely) and Wollmeise Twin and Pure updates fairly regularly, I have never been able to catch a Lace update. I’ve even tried to order it through the Wollmeise shop in Germany and can’t even catch it there. Dang, I should have bought more while it was available! 🙂
By the way, Wollmeise Lace is a bit thicker than some other lace yarns. Wollmeise Lace is about 572 yards per 100 grams; Shibui Cima is about 656 yards per 100 grams, Madelinetosh Prairie is about 730 yards per 100 grams, and Malabrigo Lace is about 940 yards per 100 grams.
Projects I may make using the Wollmeise Lace:
- Juneberry Cardigan – I’m thinking Lila Ludmilla for this one.
- Gritti – Maybe the Lapislazuli
- Dew Drops Shawl – If I end up with half a skein of something left over, I would love to make this.
- Vernal Equinox – This has been in my library for a very long time. Not sure if I’m brave enough to try it. I get frustrated following patterns.
- Radiance Shawl – This looks fairly easy and looks like it would be easy to wear.
- Tiong Bahru – Another one that’s been in my library for a while. It’s another one that would work with half a skein.
- Nuvem – I’ve seen this made up and it looks like something that would be great for sitting and knitting.
Another day when I’ve spent way too much time on Ravelry and not enough time knitting or sewing! 🙂