We drove back to Comanche tonight, measured and talk with the realtor about the house that needs the master bedroom added. I think we’ve ruled it out; for tonight anyway! 🙂 It’s so hard to walk away from that kitchen.
We haven’t heard any more from the guy with the land. I do think they thought we’d buy the two tracts they want to sell and I can’t help but think they’re going to come back in a day or so and agree to sell the tracts we wanted but we’re not waiting. If they agree, and if we haven’t already made a decision, we’ll see what happens.
About the little house — it has 20 acres but we wanted a bit more so they came up with a plan for it to have 24 acres. Vince wanted more and they came up with a plan for us to buy 34 and Vince has now told them he wants 40 acres and gave them his price so tomorrow could be an interesting day of back and forth with the amount of land and the price or, they may just say NO . . forget about it, and we’re done and back to starting from scratch.
Just last night Vince and I were talking and I told him that so far, nothing we’ve considered has really excited me to the point that I wouldn’t keep wishing just one more house might come on the market before it was too late to change our mind; nothing that if the deal falls through, I’d be terribly sad. The little house just might be the house that we’ll be sorry if we miss out on it. I love the big porch. I love the metal roof. Too bad it never rains so I can sleep while listening to a light drizzle on the roof. I love the gas stove.
I think I forgot to say earlier that there’s a full RV hookup by the metal building so we’ll probably buy an RV with a slideout or two and use that for our “guest house”. Then all we’ll need are guests! 🙂
But, we’ve had enough disappointments to know that it’s not a done deal til it’s a done deal. So . . we wait and see what happens . . and you’ll all be waiting with me, right?