Seems to be a lot of participants in the Quiltathon, even though that darned button has caused lots of problems. Sorry that it’s working for some of you and not others. I’m not keeping count of how many are doing it and if you said you were going to do it and find that you can’t or if you didn’t commit and find that you can do it — just do it! This is meant to be fun and stimulating and motivating and . . all that good stuff. Since this is our first one, we may make some changes along the way but here’s how I’m thinking it will work.
- Here at Patchwork Times, I’ll have a Mr. Linky box running. Those with blogs can post their progress on your own blog and then link to Mr. Linky. As always, when you add your link, make sure that it is to that specific post and not to your main blog. If you need help with doing this, please read this post.
- If you don’t have a blog, that’s fine, you can still play along and just leave comments here. Or, you could get yourself a blog! 🙂 It’s real easy and many of them are free.
- Since there are different time zones and different countries involved, I’m not going to have an hourly or definite time check in. I plan to have an early morning check in, a mid-day check in, an afternoon check in and a late night check in.
- When you check in, you will write the post on your own blog, then add the link to Mr. Linky. Include pictures, what you’re doing, what you’re not doing, how’s it going, etc. Let’s remember to respect copyrights but if you’re making something from a pattern, you might want to include the pattern information in your post (designer, name of pattern, etc.) because others may like what you’re doing and well . . you’re going to be so busy sewing that you don’t want to stop and answer a zillion questions about what pattern you’re using.
- Adding your link to Mr. Linky is another way to get added visitors to your blog. So if you’re looking for new visitors, this would be a good time to get your link posted.
So, now that we have most of that settled, how are you doing towards getting things around your house in order so yu can have some extra sewing time this weekend? I hope you’re getting all your weekend chores done so you can sew as much as you want on Saturday and/or Sunday.