I kept telling myself I was going to leave this red door as a reminder (1) to be more careful where I buy conversion packets and (2) to trust my own judgment and not stitch with a color I feel isn’t going to work.
I don’t have a lot of silk floss so I changed the big red house to a red silk I had on hand. I wish I had used a red that was a bit lighter and not so burgundy. The flowers on the row above were supposed to be that red too but I found another silk in a project bag that was a bit pinker and that’s what I used for those and what I will use for other reds.
This is what it looks like on the photo of the design:
It’s more of a brick red. The flowers below the row of houses, the house to the right and that door are all stitched with the same red, as well as other things. I had already stitched most all of the red before I added enough colors to realize . . no, that door is not working.
There are these two flowers near the bottom, then all four corners have that bright red. I decided the two flowers had to be changed. For now I’m leaving the red on the four corners but I’m betting when everything else is stitched, I go back and change that too. In the photo, the flower on the left is the old red. I took the photo before finishing that one just for comparison.
It’s frustrating to have to go back and pick out the work and re-do it but I love this piece and I don’t want to always look at it and dislike that bright in your face red.