This coming week, I plan to can the following:
- Sausage – I’ve already told you about that.
- Apple Cider Jelly.
- Pears – I will be able to pick pears at a friend’s this week. I know I’ll can pear halves in light syrup. I’d like to make pear preserves. My grandma made the best and I’ve never been able to make mine come close to tasting like hers. I hope to can pear pie filling.
- Pickled Peppers (dill).
Last week (9-1 thru 9-7) was a slow canning week.
- 6 pints of Cowboy Candy (jalapenos).
- 6 pints salsa.
- 16 half pints of blueberry syrup.
- 8 pints of blueberry pie filling.
The freeze dry was going almost non-stop.
- 7 half gallon jars of okra.
- 2 quart jars of mixed peppers.
- 1 half gallon jar of bell peppers.
- 1 pint parsley
- 1 pint sage
- 3 quarts basil