First, you can’t laugh at me fabric in the frame.
See the upside down dachshund? When I got ready to stitch that little piece, I didn’t want to cut such a small piece out of a bigger piece of fabric so I figured I’d just stitch the outline of that piece and then I could work around it. So . . that’s what I’m doing with 1 Corinthians. There’s still going to be a decent size empty spot in the middle so I may be able to stitch an ornament or something in there. Don’t do as I do! 🙂
On the 1 Corinthians piece, I had planned to start stitching at the top right of the chart but with the stand I’m using, the side clamp would have been in my arm’s way. The clamp is over on the left side of the dachshund piece. So, I flipped the frame, re-loaded it in the stand and started at the bottom of the new piece. I’m going to outline the house, outline the windows and doors so then I’ll be able to do some mindless filling in on the house.
It’s hard to tell but I have the letters “1 Corinthians” already stitched. I still have to stitch 13:13.
I changed the house color. In the photo, I always thought it was going to be purple but the called for is “Little House Brown”. It’s kind of a brownish tan-ish pink. Not my favorite so I changed it to Sweetheart. That means I’m going to have to change the roof and trim around the windows floss because the called for is Cocoa and it isn’t going to show up so well and that means I’ll probably have to change “The greatest of these is” because that’s supposed to be cocoa too. And, the lightest hearts are Eggshell and that isn’t going to show up on this linen so I’ll have to change those. And the pink door isn’t going to look so great with my different shade of pink house.
I’m thinking I’ll make the roof a shade of gray – not too dark, not too light. I love a mustard colored door but I’m going to stitch the chimneys, the centers of the flowers and the flower basket and see if I want to use that color or something else.
At least I stuck with the green and didn’t change that. 🙂