This morning I woke up fully intending to sit and stitch all day. We had leftovers for dinner, which wasn’t going to require too much time in the kitchen. As I was getting ready to start stitching, I was thinking about how we have to keep a constant eye on Oscar, even when he’s in his little “fenced in” tiled area. Vince’s recliner was near Oscar’s area and from where I sat, I couldn’t see him so I asked Vince if he would mind if we switched chairs. He didn’t mind. So, I had to move my little three tier stand and my pink set of drawers over to the right of the right chair. Vince’s table went to the middle (where my three tier stand had been. I moved Vince’s chair down towards the fireplace. For some reason there seems to be less room. I’m not sure Vince likes the setup . . we may have to move it all back the way it was.
Then I went upstairs and fixed eggs benedict for breakfast. Came back down to start stitching, got the text from my friend telling me what was on sale at Food 4 Less so I showed it to Vince and asked if he wanted to go. Yes, he wanted to go to the grocery store and he wanted to go to the pallet store so I agreed. We found good bargains! The grocery store had bacon for $2.78 for 12 oz. and Kentucky Legend ham steaks for $1.38 for 8 oz. They had the packages of fresh green beans for $1 each, packaged brussels sprouts for $1. I forgot how much they were but fresh cherries were on sale so Vince got some of those.
Then we went to the pallet store. I don’t even know what all we got but here are some of the best things I found:
The whole time I’m shopping, I’m checking prices on Amazon and Walmart. Everything at the pallet store today was $5.
- Crispy Jalapenos – We love those on hamburgers and sandwiches. There were three bags for $5.
- Ghee – It was $5 per jar but I’ve been paying more than that at Aldi. I can make it but the amount of butter it takes to pill a pint jar costs me more than $5.
- Sriracha sauce – Two bottles for $5. Not bad these days.
- Thai Tea Mix – This is my favorite brand and it usually costs about $12 for that size can of it.
- Central Market Olive Salad – We love this stuff on salads or sandwiches. This size jar is on sale right now for $14 at Amazon. We usually use the Boscoli because we can find it at Walmart and it’s $7 for the 16 oz. jar or $11 for the 32 oz jar so $5 per 16 oz. jar wasn’t bad.
- Hollandaise Packets (Knorr) – I had already bought these once but they had a box of 24 for $5. At Walmart, they’re $1.52 each, or $36.50 for 24 of them. That’s a great deal.
- Taco Rice packet (Knorr) – These are $1.26 at Walmart and I got a package of 6 of them for $5. Not a great bargain but a bit less than I can buy them for at the store.
Came home, fixed dinner, vacuumed upstairs, played with Oscar for a while and now I’m hoping to stitch tl bedtime.