I need to go over this again and make sure I haven’t missed anything but I’m so close to being finished and I wanted to show you something.
At the top – I don’t know if it’s supposed to be a curtain or what but the half on the right is according to the chart. Last night I decided to do all the lighter red, then go back and do the darker red today. I like it better with the open spaces in between instead of the darker red stripes.
I’ll add the dark red to the left side because I’m afraid if I try ripping it out, the red might leave a bit of stain on the fabric but if I’d seen it all first with just every other stripe stitched, I definitely would have done it that way.
When I started stitching that part on the top, I added an extra 10 stitches vertically because I wanted to leave space at the top for adding the date. I have an idea what I want to do so today or tomorrow, I’ll see how that goes. Oh . . I see that the center flower is missing a stitch. I’m going to fix that right now before I forget.
The chart shows the words “Merry Christmas” stitched in black at the bottom. I’m leaving that off.
I stitched the snowman at least four complete times, each time using a different white and then deciding it didn’t show up, choosing a different floss and doing the same thing over again. I finally outlined the snowman and Santa’s beard.
So . . once I check this with the paper chart, finish the left curtain, stitch the date, add the other stitch to the center flower, I think this piece is done. I will check my frame stash and see if anything works. If not, I’ll order a frame and have this ready to go onto the wall with my Christmas decorating.