Last night I started stitching Ellen Carr 1843. I had written about this chart in this post. I started with the light blue in the border. I was expecting it to be darker. From looking at the cover photo, it seemed like it should have been darker but I trusted the chart and kept stitching.
All the while I was stitching the blue in the border, I kept wondering if I was making a mistake. I also thought the red was going to be a burgundy read but when I looked at it, it’s Barn Door and it’s a pinky red.
Then, I actually read the intro to the chart and the model was stitched in one color and the kits are another. I’m totally confused but it doesn’t matter. I’m glad I stuck with the called for colors.. I think it’s going to be perfect. Here are all the colors.
The crazy thing is that I’m thinking . . could I finish this by June 25, which is when Teresa Kogut’s SAL starts. I’ve lost my mind to even think that. I always think I can get so much more done than I actually get done but . .
Ellen Carr’s stitch count is 173 x 179. There are only 8 colors. I finished Mighty Acorn in a month. The stitch count for it is 119 x 185 so it is a bit smaller but I do believe there are actually more stitches in Mighty Acorn. Also, it has 13 colors so there were a lot of color changes, plus I stitched that house probably two complete times because of all the ripping I had to do to decide on a color.
The bottom line is this: If I get it stitched in less than a month, great. If I don’t . . it will either end up being a WIP or I’ll get it done in July!