Thursday night Vince was doing some work on the computer and kept asking me questions. I was working on Thy Love Divine but was having to count so I asked Vince . . hold on just a second while I get a chart that doesn’t require so much counting. I picked up Thirza Priscilla Dawes 1870 which is one of the SALs that starts May 1. Within a couple of hours, I had the top border and part of the side border stitched. It’s an easy stitch with the repeats being all the same. Yesterday I worked more on Thy Love Divine and then decided to put it down and work on Thirza’s border and got the outline of it done.
Addie will be here this weekend so it will be much easier for me to stitch the flowers around the border and maybe a motif or two now that the outline of the border is already stitched. I’m using all DMC on this one.
For those of you who stitch on linen, you know what a difference the stitch count makes. I should probably be stitching more on 36 count than 40 count. The 36 count is quite a bit easier for me to see – even with readers and the magnifying light. I was struggling with the 40 count but after I finished it and measured it, the measurements are 8-3/4″ x 9″, which indicates the linen is 42 count.
The linen count that is advertised is the count of the linen before it was dyed and, depending on techniques (warm vs. cold water) or line dried vs. machine dried, the count can get even smaller that what I experienced with this linen.
I am always shocked when my border meets up. I’m usually holding my breath and not even wanting to finish for fear that it won’t match up but this one did. It would have been crazy if it hadn’t since it was so easy.
This one goes back into its bag til Sunday.