Goldbrick Eggs are an Easter tradition for me. I’m not a chocolate fan but I love these eggs, though it may be more about the hunt than the actual eggs. My aunt used to search for the Goldbrick Eggs in Lake Charles and she would send them to me. A couple of years in Brownwood, our Kroger store had them but then the Kroger closed and that ended my chances of finding Goldbrick Eggs in Brownwood.
Last year I found some on Amazon and ordered them. Nicole, Chad and Addie were here about a month ago and Nicole had seen them at Rouse’s so we made sure to go there first and we found them.
Yesterday Nicole and I ran down to the closest grocery store. We had a list of Louisiana foods we needed to buy:
- Goldbrick Eggs
- Cajun Sausage (I got about 15 pounds)
- Boudin (I got 10 pounds)
- Blackburn Cane Syrup (I got 4 bottles)
- Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffed Chicken Breasts (I got 3 packages)
- Community Coffee ( King Cake, Chocolate Strawberry, Vanilla Waffle Cone)
- Rouse’s Bakery Cakes (I got 4 – they’re not too big).
I probably have what I need to get me through the next six months or so.