This is a lesson in what NOT to do.
Yesterday I was looking for a project bag for the new sweater. Of course, there are no empty project bags so I grabbed a couple to see what was in them and if I could dump the contents into a grocery sack since they aren’t going to be traveling around anywhere.
I came across a bag that had this sweater.
This sweater was one I was going to make in purple and gold (LSU colors because Chad is or was a big LSU fan). I mentioned it on the blog in 2015 but I don’t think I started making it for a while because I believe I’m making a size 6. I also believe that when I showed the purple and gold colors to Addie, she said no, she wanted pink and orange. I wasn’t crazy about the colors and I got tired of making stripes so I decided to make the ends of both sleeves orange with orange ribbing and the rest of the sweater would have pink ribbing.
Addie and I had gone to JoAnn’s in Joplin probably when she was in kindergarten, which was probably when I was working on this sweater and she picked out these buttons, which really do not go with this sweater.
But then, I put the whole thing aside. I think at some point I decided I was going to rip it out because it would no longer fit her and I didn’t like it anyway but I never ripped it out. Now I’m thinking I’ll finish it, since it’s almost finished and donate it.
But . . when I decided to rip it out, I deleted the pattern from Knit Companion; I probably never had a paper copy and the pattern is no longer available. I was thinking . . for as little as I have left to do, I can count the stitches on the one sleeve and make the other sleeve.
Then I remembered . . I never delete any of my email. I always use my laptop for buying things, download the pattern, then email it to myself so I can open it up and set it up on Knit Companion. I went back to my email and yes, there it was . . in my email so I have the pattern and can finish it.
I may or may not finish it but at least I know where all the parts are now.