Two borders (For the Love of Nature) and now Thy Love Divine . . it’s so, so nice when the borders meet up.
When I started this project, I started in the top left corner and went across the top and then partially down the right side. Then I started filling in. I don’t remember having a lot of trouble with those leaves but when I went back and did the left side and then last night finishing the right side, I ripped our more than what stayed in. I never did get the “flow” of those leaves. Even after making over two dozen of them, and knowing in my head the stitch pattern, I still made mistakes. I wouldn’t notice the mistake til I was stitching the next vine and it was either too close to the purple border or two close to the previous leaves. That was so much ripping out and so much wasting silk floss!
By the time I got to the bottom border, I decided just to make the humps and go back and make the leaves. I wish I would have done that in the beginning . . but I didn’t. I think I’ll be able to fill in the leaves without making so many mistakes now.
When I got to the hump under the V, I knew my stitched were all lined up and should meet at the bottom left corner. That is such a relief. This is my #2 WIPGO project. I need to put 20 hours into it and I’ve done 10 hours so Monday and Tuesday I’ll work on getting those last 10 hours in. I will finish the leaves and go back and add the orange flowers to finish up the border. That will probably take more than 10 hours but finishing the border will be my goal and, I can work more than 10 hours.
I have this project on the WIPGO board one more time. If I get the borders finished this week, all I have left to do is the rice stitch. I think this will definitely be a finish for 2022.