Yesterday I started a new Sunday Stitches project – Cranberry Christmas.
I’m working my way towards the red house. Can’t wait to start stitching that but I probably have another Sunday of stitching before I can start the house.
This chart had me dumpster diving last week. I got the chart out early last week to choose the linen and make sure my floss would work with the linen. When I went to put the pattern up, I couldn’t find the cover. I searched . . under the chair, in the chair, under the table next to my chair, in the other project bags I had out.
I had picked up a bit around my chair and thrown some things in the trash and, as always happens when I need to check the trash, I had already taken the trash bag out so I had to retrieve in and stand outside in the cold, drizzling rain looking for that cover.
Never did find it and figured either it would turn up when I wasn’t looking for it or I’d just stitch without it.
Yesterday morning when I opened the bag, the cover was in there but between the two sheets of the chart. I was sure I had check that but I guess not.
I also got another strand stitched on my one strand project.
This is the tightest 40 count linen I’ve ever worked on. I have to work the needle in through the hole sometimes. Even though I’m using a size 28 needle, I think it seems larger than some so I’m going to try a different one today and see if it’s any easier. These little block letters kinda make me smile . . I don’t know why. I’m still feeling like I’m stitching an eye chart.