It worked. I am SO VERY happy!
I would stitch the left side, then stitch the right side, then follow the thread across and make sure everything was lining up. When I got to where I was going to stitch the “V”, I counted the threads to make sure it was right. YES!
It was right!
One stitch off anywhere along the way and things don’t meet up.
Here’s the rest of the story! I started at the top left and worked my way across towards the right. I used a basting thread and marked where the top stitched should like up. I got to the middle area and they weren’t lining up – one stitch off. I tracked it back and there was a mistake almost at the beginning so I had to rip back. Then I re-stitched that area, got to the top right corner and it was one stitch off. Counted and double checked everything and there was a mistake about midway between the middle and the right side. Ripped all that out and re-stitched it. By then, I kinda knew the areas where I was more likely to make a mistake so I counted, re-counted, counted again and . . it worked. I’m going to see how much I can stitch tonight. I really want to stitch at least part of an angel.
Then I’ll put this away and work on my Sunday Stitch tomorrow. Maybe I should re-name it to “Whatever day I remember that I forgot to do my Sunday Stitch!” 🙂