I got a decent amount of stitching done yesterday.
About this time last year when I first started stitching, for the life of me I could not figure out how to skip spaces. Counting two threads for one stitch, four threads for two stitches, and so on . . just wasn’t working in my head. I was working the Good Marriage piece and I messed up so many times that I finally threaded a needle with a very fine sewing thread and any time there were stitches to be left unstitched, I made an “x” with the sewing thread. Once I had made the required number of basting thread stitches, I’d make the real stitch, then pull out the basting threads. I thought I would never get that step mastered but it’s a good thing I did . . with all the open space on this chart.
Here’s where I left off Tuesday night:
Here’s where I elft off last night:
Here’s what I got stitched:
- Finished the gold stitches beneath the poinsettia on the left near the bottom and to the left of the 2.
- Stitched the mushroom to the right of the poinsettia
- Stitched the numberal 2, the H and the I.
- Stitched the mushroom.
- Stitched the gold around the star (upper right).
- Started stitching the red “things” that will be on the vine beneath teh red ribbon (center midway down).
I’m so close to finishing the entire first sheet and I’m at least 1/4 done stitching the second sheet. I’m thinking I might can finish page 1 today and get the top half of page 2 finished.