Maybe “progress” isn’t the right word. Don’t judge . . please! (1) I know many of you would have given up on this project but I am determined to finish at least some part of it. (2) No doubt, some of you are going to think I’m nuts for ripping that top border all the way out because of ONE stitch.
Last night I finished — not really “finished” but I got the top bunting row far enough along that I could see where it would start and end. I have the center line of the border marked. I started stitching in the center of the red star. I had to work out that the two rows would be perfectly centered.
But . . it didn’t. I counted stitches and counted stitches. There had to be a mistake somewhere but there wasn’t. The center of the border was exactly the center of the motif.
It was well after midnight and I said ok . . all I have to do is move that top border over ONE stitch and everything will be centered. I ripped the right half of the border out. I’m going to re-stitch it and keep my fingers crossed that it ends where I want it to end. If that works, I’ll rip out the other half and re-stitch it.
By the way, this issue is not because of the design. I’m “re-designing” as I go and obviously, not doing a great job!
If that right half doesn’t work out after re-stitching . . this project is definitely going into time out.