Yesterday I felt like I wasted so much of the day trying to figure out what to do with First Thanksgiving to make it how I wanted it. I suppose some stitchers change things with every chart and that’s just part of the prep work but this is the first time I’ve done any real changes. Let’s hope it works out.
That top border row kinda looks like Addie practicing her cursive writing. She wants so badly to learn to do it and I don’t think they’re teaching it in school so she’s taught herself. We printed some practice sheets because sometimes old habits are very hard to break and she has a very unique way of getting from one letter to the next but . . if she wants hers to look right, she’ll figure it out eventually.
That doesn’t look like much and I actually had quite a bit of the top two rows done already but I made 507 stitches yesterday. I wasn’t going to stop til I had done 500.
This will be a piece I hang in the dining room (I think). I’m so short on wall space. The dining room has red walls and it isn’t dark in there during the day but at night, even with the lights on with bright LED bulbs, it seems dark. I’m don’t a fan of gold frames but I think on the red walls, a gold frame is going to show up better and catch what little light there is in that room in the evenings. The finished piece is shown stitched on Lambswool (the color of the linen) but I think it looks more yellow in the picture. I didn’t want gold-ish fabric in a gold frame so I went with potato colored Lugana fabric. It doesn’t look white next to white paper but it isn’t tan or beige either. I’ll have to change some of the white-ish floss colors but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
I’ll be working on my Sunday Stitch today so I’ll start back on First Thanksgiving on Monday.