I’ll never have fancy project bags for all my projects – it just isn’t a priority. I could make them but that’s too much trouble and really, I’m fine with plain, plastic project bags. The bags I use are about 9.5″ x 13″. You can get larger or smaller. Currently, that size is $12 for 10 bags.
I do have a few DotDotGoose bags and they’re very well made and they’re pretty but . . a bag is a place to keep your stuff and whether it costs less than $1.50 or $25+ . . all it does is keep my stuff.
But, I was thinking . . with my plan for the new year, I’ll have:
- Focus Project – Main project Monday – Saturday
- 501 Project – The project I can work on after I’ve made at least 500 stitches daily on the Main Project Monday – Saturday
- Sunday Project – This will be the project on which I stitch on Sundays til it’s finished.
- Holiday Project – There may be holiday projects from time to time and I’m not sure exactly how this is going to work into my goals.
- Stitch Alongs – There will be times when the perfect, most amazing stitch alongs pop up on the internet and I want to participate so I will leave open the possibility that I will stop all plans and work on a stitch along.
Instead of looking through a bunch of bags looking for the Focus Project after I’ve put it away for a Sunday Stitch, or looking for the Holiday Project because I’ve not touched it in three months, I’ll have specific DotDotGoose bags for those projects and they will stand out like a sore thumb amoung all the other project bags I have.
I love this one so I think it will be for my Focus Project.
I think this chicken bag so I will use for my Focus Project.
The patriotic bag will be for my 501 Project.
This red one will be for my Sunday Stitch. I really want a pink bag for my Sunday Project since the first Sunday Project I’ve done is Eliza (the breast cancer awareness project). I can always remember (maybe) that Sunday Stitch = pink.
I’m thinking some day I may keep a redwork project going and this would be the perfect bag for that. Lori Holt once (may always) had a redwork project going and every day before or after (can’t remember) starting or finishing her stitching for the day, she’d stitch one strand (maybe two) on the redwork project and she got it done. Don’t you love it when someone tells a story and doesn’t have a clue what she’s talking about! 🙂
I have a Halloween bag, a Christmas bag and a bag that’s Thanksgiving-ish. I have a project in the Halloween bag (Away we Ride). I can put First Thanksgiving in the Thanksgiving-ish bag. There will probably always be a Christmas project but for now, I can put New Year’s Sampler in there.
I did write the DotDotGoose lady to see if she can make a pink bag for me. I think after that, I’ll be all set! 🙂