Most every night I make a list . . a real pencil and paper list . . of the things I need to do the next day. It seems like between about 6 p.m. and midnight, there’s a steady stream of things that I need to get done that run through my head but when I get up in the morning, all I can think about is cross stitching. Most days, I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot if I get half the things on my “tomorrow list” done.
Last night’s list .. every single thing HAS to be done today and it has to be done quickly. I have to leave at 1:50 to go get Addie. I always take us a snack to eat in the car on the way back. I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time to make anything special today so yesterday while at Walmart, I bought her a Lunchable. She loves those and I will rarely buy them so she’ll be happy to get that.
Since Addie’s mattress gets taken away, basement mattress goes on Addie’s bed; our current mattresses go to the basement bedroom and we get the new set, I need to have all the sheets off and washed and ready to be put back on so I can be out of here on time. Actually, I can put the sheets back on our bed and on the basement bed after I get back and Addie will help me but I’d rather get it all done before I leave to go get her.
I need to get the basement bed made up because we may have storms tonight and may end up sleeping down there. Wouldn’t that be a bummer – not even get to sleep on the new mattresses because of a scary storm.
Here’s my list for today:
- Take everything off Addie’s bed – quilt, comforter, sheets, mattress pad, mattress cover. DONE!
- Take everything off our bed – mattress cover, sheets, quilt and comforter. DONE!
- Take everything off the basement bed – sheets, mattress cover, quilt and comforter. DONE!
- Wash all the sheets. Our sheets and Addie’s sheets are in the washer now. The basement bedroom had flannel sheets and I’m not putting them back on so I can wash them this evening. I washed the sheets yesterday that will go on that bed.
- Get the mattress covers, sheets, quilts and comforters back on all three beds.
I never wash all the sheets on the same day but . . today I will. I think it sounds more daunting than it is, especially since Addie can help me if I don’t get it all done.
The mattresses were scheduled to be delivered at noon. The furniture store called to see if it was ok to bring them about 3. NO!! I told them I was leaving at 1:50, Vince had to be somewhere at 2:30 so they came here first and were done and gone by 10:30. The rest is up to me!
At least dinner is pretty much done and won’t require much work. I’m going to be a tired granny tonight.