This morning I started Deux Oiseaux out of the Ooh La La booklet by Blackbird Designs. I am using Sulky 12 weight thread/floss (one strand) and I like it. So far, it reminds me of quilting thread but not quite so tightly spun.
You can see in the fourth leaf down tha the coverage is a bit sparse. This is 36 count linen but the wholes seem big for 36 count. The fabric feels almost like waste canvas . . a bit. I made a few stitches and questioned whether it was really 36 count so I grabbed a ruler and checked it and it is. I got out a piece of 36 count by XJu Designs and it seems to be much tighter. Sometimes the hand dying process, washing, rinsing, drying will cause the linen to tighten up. This is not my favorite piece of linen to stitch on.
The sparseness of coverage in that fourth leaf could also be ecause I pulled the thread too tight. I didn’t notice that I did that but I’ve been careful not to do it since noticing that lack of coverage.
Otherwise, I’m real happy with the coverage of one strand of the Sulky 12 weight thread.
Today I stitched 240 stitches. Not bad considering we had a pretty busy day but we almost always have busy days. Since I only got “A & B” done today so there’s no way I’ll get this whole piece stitched in four days. I doubt I’ll get the first row stitched in four days. There are 7 rows, which means this could be a two month project!
Tomorrow I would love to get C, D, E, F and G done. Maybe if I don’t work on the borders, I can do that.