A few things about my favorites:
- There are people that . . I’m not going to say I don’t like because I don’t know them but some of them have attitudes, some are not great speakers and neither am I so I’m not criticizing but if it’s hard to listen . . I don’t. Some are more into showing what they’ve bought than what they’ve stitched and, as you know, I don’t need encouragement to buy stuff! So, because a flosstuber isn’t on my favorites list doesn’t mean they don’t have an amazing video . . just not my cup of tea!
- Some of my favorites are my favs because I love what they make – the style, the colors.
- Some are my favorites because they’re entertaining/educational . whether I love their voice or what they make.
- Some of the designers are pushing what they sell – again, I don’t need encouragement to buy stuf.
- There are probably so many, many flosstubes that I have not even seen so if you have a favorite, please share.
I guess what I’m looking for in a flosstube and what appeals to me would be:
- Thoughts on projects. Was it boring to stitch? Was it fun? Was it something you hated putting down?
- What fabric/floss did you use?
- If doing it again, what would you do differently?
- How did you finish the project?
- I do enjoy seeing new gadgets and charts but only because someone has bought them because they wanted them – not so much because it was given to them to try and they’re going to rave about it even if they didn’t find it to be great.
Even the ones I’m not super crazy about, I always learn something and I can have a flosstube going while I’m doing something else and if something catches my attention, I back it up and listen better so it isn’t like I’m wasting time watching.
So . . the long and short of this is this: My list of favorites means nothing! 🙂
These are in order of my current favorites.
Colorado Stitcher – This is Sheri from The Loopy Ewe. I love her floss tubs. I get so excited when she has a new one. I will often listen to hers over and over. She has such a soothing voice. She does beautiful work. I love every single thing she does. I’ve even thought of asking her if I could give her my credit card and when she buys something . . buy one for me too! I’m sure she’s always wanted to be my personal shopper! 🙂
I’m sure these things are lot of work with the editing and all but I wish she did one at least weekly. I’m really thinking daily but I know that wouldn’t happen!
Little Yellow House Crafts – I like this lady. I like her voice. I like the little it she shares about her family. Of course, I like so much of what she cross stitches.
Fat Quarter Shop – Kimberly generally posts weekly. Watching her videos is like sitting down with a friend. I find her videos to be informative and educational. She also has a very calming voice.
Nineoneone Stitcher – This lady is prolific and she shares so much. It was her youtube where I learned to make floss tags.
Misty Pursel – She has Luminous Fiber Arts on Etsy. I love her designs and she shares some good finishing ideas.
Nicola Parkman – I love her voice. I list to her often while in bed and she always puts me to sleep – not in a bad way. Her samplers are mostly all (maybe all) reproduction samplers and so many of them I want to do. I also like that at least the charts I want, I can get as pdfs.
Brenda and the Serial Stitcher – I love the patterns they buy. I usually lose interest before I get to the end but I almost always come back and finish watching.
Cross Hatch Quilts – She does a lot of cross stitching and has some really pretty things to share.
Priscilla & Chelsea – These are the girls from Stitching with the Housewives fame. I like their designs. I like the finishing techniques they share. They are very popular but they are a bit energetic or me. Most of the time I don’t get through their videos.
That should be enough to keep you busy for a while.