This evening as I walked out of the sewing room to go upstairs, I felt like we’d made the best progress in the sewing room of any days we’ve worked in there. I should have taken “before” pictures.
Please don’t judge. I look at the pictures and it looks like a giant mess but there’s light just beyond the mess.
These pictures are bad even if there weren’t a million boxes in the way.
In the beginning, I had the love seat when you first walk in the door.
The above photo was taken way before the boxes were delivered.
The plan was to put two shelves just past the window (1st window on the left) and have them not be along the wall but with their short ends to the wall — kinda sticking out like a divider. We set those shelves up but they just chopped the room in half and closed it up. When Vince got home from his flea market shopping, I said . . I think I want to swap places with the love seat and the shelves.
Vince wasn’t happy but he did it! That looks so much better! With the love seat no longer being across from the longarm, we were able to pull it out from the wall and put two shelving units behind the longarm, one along the wall where the sofa was and one by the closet. That’s six shelving units where I only had four with fabric on them in Texas so I am going to have space for yarn (I hope).
I had been stacking fabric on shelves but not in any kind of order because I wanted to get all the shelves up first. Now that they’re all up, I’ve started stacking the fabric the way I want it – mostly by color but there are stacks for batiks and stacks for Moda Marbles.
There’s still an area about 12′ x 15′ to be unpacked but it isn’t as bad as it looks because probably about 8′ of the 15′ is tubs of yarn that will just get moved . . not unpacked. Eventually I’ll have to go through it to re-do my spread sheet and put projects in bags but for now, those tubs are going to be just put somewhere so I can get the room in order and get it to where I can use it.
I’m so happy with the progress we made today!