It’s amazing how much of a little routine I had going on after having only been here a month by myself. By the time we get used to living together again, he’ll be gone.
Vince has been busy!
- He said he’s not driving that trip from TX to MO or back again so he already bought an airline ticket to get back to Texas. I think he’s seriously not going to drive long trips again! 🙂
- He does have his old pickup in Texas. He has a friend who wants to buy it so Vince will either keep it or sell it . . fly back here if he sells it. I told him I’m truly embarrassed to park that truck in the driveway. He’s promised he’ll get it repainted and fix it up . . I know Vince and it won’t happen. Painting is cosmetic and he’s just not going to do it so I’m hoping he sells it to his friend. Vince thinks he can fix everything that’s wrong with it for less than it would cost for a newer used pickup. I have my doubts but so far, he hasn’t asked my opinion, which doesn’t mean he hasn’t gotten it! 🙂
- He’s talked to the guy who’s going to refinish the deck, clean the gutters and put gutter guards on.
- He’s talked to the fireplace people who need to come out and go over the fireplaces before we really use them.
- He’s talked to the mechanic who’s going to work on the Honda and we’re taking it to the shop tomorrow.
- He’s called Honda about a recall (something to do with airbags). The Honda dealer can also get parts for the bump to replace or repair what the tire damaged.
- He’s ordered the 5 tires and a rim for the Honda.
- He’s put together the dress form that I use to photograph my knitting.
- He’s moved the chest from the basement family room to the basement bedroom.
- He’s moved the food buckets from the downstairs family room to the downstairs garage.
- He took me to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch!
He’s done a lot today. It makes me feel like a slug. I think he’s really anxious to get the sewing room put together.
Last night he was so tired, which was understandable. We were in bed at 9:30 p.m. . . which means I was awake before 4. I kept thinking I’d go back to sleep but about 4:20, I eased out of bed. Vince said “What time is it?” I said “About 4:30.” He said NO! It has to be later. I showed him my phone – 4:22 a.m. He got up too so it’s already been a long morning
Besides bringing the cookie molds, he brought me the Kitchen Aid mixer, the Bosch mixer, the Vitamix, the extra wheat grinder, the flic floc, the crock that I keep my kitchen utensils in, all my big bowls, the little Ninja food chopper . . so many of the things I love and use often.
Here’s a funny Vince saying: He was complaining about all the food buckets. You know how I am about food storage.
Me: When there’s a food shortage, you’ll be happy to have all this stuff!
Vince: Why the he** would I eat grains and oats when I can get a plate for $5 at the Mexican restaurant down the road?
We surely think differently about some things!