There have been three boxes sitting in the living room for two weeks. Most everything that goes upstairs is unpacked. There are still two boxes in the dining room. One has stuff from drawers in the Texas kitchen and stuff that really has no place and probably should not stay but I have to go through it.
The boxes I detest unpacking are the ones filled with miscellaneous stuff. I don’t mind the ones that have all clothes to be hung up, or all fabric to go on the shelves (that aren’t up yet), or one that has pots and pans.
This morning I got ready to vacuum and realized that at least four times now, I’ve moved one of those three living room boxes so I could plug in the vacuum cleaner, vacuumed, then put that box back. Nope. No more! I unpacked that box. This is what was in it:
- 4 solar showers. I put those in one of the very top laundry room cabinets. Chances of us ever using those – slim to none; but if we ever need them, we have them.
- 10 boxes of various sizes of zipper bags. I’m using one of the wide drawers for zipper bags, foil, parchment paper, plastic wrap, etc. It’s full. The zipper bags went in the top of the cabinet above the oven. I won’t buy more bags til I’m much closer to running out.
- 1 container of dishwasher packets. 64 packets! I have another box of 64 packets, two bags of 18 each and two bags of 12 each. I’m good on dishwasher packets!
- Grain. There was kamut, einkorn, farro . . a mixture of lots of different grains. Put that in the cabinet with the other grains.
- 1 container of the waxy smell good pellets for the washer. I’m good for quite a while on those too. Not another one will fit in the cabinet where I’m keeping them.
- 7 bottles of Bath & Body Works Bath Gel. We had to walk by Bath & Body Works to get to the Chick-Fil-A in Brownwood. It has closed since a new one is going to open (Chick-Fil-A . . not Bath & Body Works). I always had a coupon and we always stopped in there and bought too much. All of that went into the bathroom cabinet.
- 1 heavy duty long extension cord. I put that in the garage.
- 1 Instant Pot. I had been wishing I had a second one here. Now I do. When I walk out from the laundry room into the garage, there are two steps down to the garage level. There’s a fridge right there by the door and when I’m on the top step, I’m at a good level for putting things on top of that fridge and I know if I don’t put things on there, Vince will so I put that second Instant Pot on the fridge. I can easily grab it and put it back. I often use two Instant Pots at the same time because of rice or beans that are sides and the main meal being in the first pot. Glad I found that pot.
Two more boxes in the living room. I’m going to unpack one this evening and save one for tomorrow . . have to have something to look forward to, right? 🙂
I did get the living room and master bedroom vacuumed. I left the vacuum cleaner in Addie’s room. I need to vacuum in there. At this point, that’s probably a job or tomorrow.