After finishing those colorwork mittens in about a week, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to knit yesterday. I got the red sweater back out but that didn’t seem to be what I wanted to work on. I got the Mac & Cheese sweater out and, nope, that wasn’t it either. I had worked on Vince’s Arkansas River sweater in the car when we took Rita to the vet but I’m a couple of rows from doing another chart of colorwork and that wasn’t what I wanted to do either.
I’ve been wanting to knit socks so I decided to knit a pair of socks. I have a zippered bag that has for or five different yarns in it. The yarn is already balled up, each skein divided in half so I can do two socks at a time. I decided on this yarn, which is Yarn Love’s Goldilocks Fingering and the color is Rainbow Jellyfish.
Then I remembered that I had socks started that need to be finished. What is wrong with me? Why am I more interested in finishing older projects than starting new ones?
I retrieved the UFO, which wasn’t even on the list, but I had no notes with the project. No project file. Not listed on my spreadsheet. Why do I do this? Obviously they are toe up socks. From this blog post, I was able to determine that the yarn is Biscotte & Cie’s Poisson Clown. That was all I knew. This was obviously before I started making two at a time socks. I could wing it and finish this sock but then I have to make the second sock and they need to look somewhat alike, or at least fit somewhat alike. Back to the blog. The first pattern I thought it might be says to cast on 16 stitches on each needle for the toe. I can count and see that 10 stitches were cast on each needle for these socks.
Then I counted the number of stitches on the needle now – 56 stitches. The first pattern said to increase to 64 stitches so I could rule that one out.
Then I remembered Sockmatician’s Toe Up pattern/formula that I had started using and loved the fit and the heel instructions. I couldn’t find my notes but found this blog post where I had talked about how much I loved this pattern and in that post, I said “Next time, I’ll knit with 56 or 60 stitches”. BINGO!
Now that I’m back on track, I can hopefully finish these and I think they’ll count as my orange project for February!