Today is Thursday, right? I was going to say we’ve been busy but that’s because we so rarely have anything going on. Vince had to be at the tire place this morning to get his car aligned but it wasn’t an alignment issue. A while back he bought 4 tires (not from Discount Tire) – all the same, at the same time. He took it to Discount Tire last week to get the tires rotated and then it started pulling terribly to the left. Since Discount Tire doesn’t do alignments, he had to make an appointment at Brownwood Glass & Tire. The tire that was on the front left has a totally different tread pattern from the other three tires so they put that one back on the back. It’s fine on the back but can’t be used on the front. Who would think, if you’re buying four tires that are supposed to be exactly the same, that one would have a different tread pattern?
Vince came home and wanted me to go back to Aldi with him so I did . . got a few things there, came home.
The big news of the day . . there’s another house we kinda decided we wanted. It has a basement, a decent kitchen. It has an electric stove but it’s coils and not the glass top that I so don’t like. If I have to have electric, I want coils. It has propane for the water heater, furnace and probably a lighter on the fireplace. It has a nice shop for Vince. We had set our price limit before we ever stated looking but since this house had the shop, we both agreed we could go over the limit we had set.
The drawbacks were: Carpet in the bathroom, a lot of carpet in other rooms that needed changing, LOTS of wallpaper that needs to come down. Those were all things that were fairly easy to change and not very costly. We sent the realtor a list of questions yesterday and she went back today to look at it and answer our questions. We can make an offer contingent on us seeing it and approving it. Otherwise, houses are selling so quickly, it will be gone by the time we can get there. Or, that’s how it happens with most of the houses.
The realtor went back and looked at it today and came back with enough issues that we aren’t going to make an offer. I’m not really sad. It was way more house than we needed for a second home. Vince really wants to wait til after the first of the year to buy anything but if the perfect house comes up, we agreed we would do it. So far, we’ve made one offer, couldn’t agree on a price; got close to an offer on this one but changed our minds.
I wrote the realtor and said “I am never going to find a house there!” Then I told her why and said “We’re going to pass on this one.” She wrote me back and said “I agree.” I said . . you agree I’m never going to find a house there? I knew what she meant but she wrote me back and said “NO! We’re going to find you a house here. I agree passing on this one was a good idea.”
She is one of the best realtors we’ve ever had. I’m so confident working with her. I just wish someone would list a house for sale that’s exactly what we want, for the price we want to pay, and we can buy it before someone else does. Am I asking too much? 🙂