Eat, Sleep, Knit had a sale on Monday. I can so close to missing it because the first email went into my “promotions” folder and since I’m not buying anything (really!), I hardly ever look in there. But, lucky for me; unlucky for the credit card . . there was a second, more explanatory email and that came right smack dab into my main folder . . the one I look at a million times a day. That was Sunday. The sale started Monday. Therefore, I had time to plan what I wanted to make, and what I wanted to buy. I was even able to plan my strategy . . wait til Vince was half asleep and then mumble . . Eat, Sleep, Knit is having a sale tomorrow and I’m going to buy something! No response! That could mean:
- He was asleep
- He didn’t hear me
- He didn’t understand me
- He agreed that I should buy yarn
I took the high road and assumed the final possibility was accurate.
I could have done worse . . my stash report this week will be horrible. The good news is . . I shouldn’t buy yarn for the rest of the year. (I’m such a liar!)
I bought yarn to make the following:
- Om Shawl – It just looks so snuggly!
- Snowbird – Some day, I’m going to be somewhere and it’s going to be cold and heavy sweater will be nice! If not, we’re getting a new air conditioner and I’ll just crank that baby down and wear my sweater!
- Pamuya – This one is for a gift so I’m saying no more.
- Central Park Hoodie – You know that we moved to Texas in August, 2011. Since we had a hard time finding a house here, we had to live in a rental for a few months. All of our stuff stayed in boxes. As I was trying to find something I could do – open enough boxes that I could find a quilting or a knitting project, I came across a couple of Knit Scene magazines from 2006. I would sit every night and read those two magazines over and over .. because it was all I could find to do that was crafty. Central Park Hoodie was in one of those magazines and I wished every night that I had the yarn to make that sweater. Here we are, 5 years later and I’ve just ordered the yarn to make that sweater.
Not bad . . could have been much worse. 6,578 yards – that is going to blow my stash report but I still think I can end the year in positive numbers. Stop laughing! I can do it!