Nope, just cooking for us! I am determined to use enough food so we have one freezer empty before hunting season, which will be here before we know it.
I went to get lamb chops out of the freezer and only saw one package. There are more in there but they’re buried. I’m seriously at the point of whatever I pull out . . that’s what we’re having for dinner.
There’s the one package of 5 lamb chops, 2 T-bone steaks, 1 pack of sausage, 1 package of hot links, 1 package of smoked pork loin, one package of ground beef, a package of beans from the garden and one package of tamales. That’s more than enough food for the entire week.
Last night we grilled the lamb chops, the two T-bones, the sausage and hot links. Here’s the plan:
- Last night we ate the lamb chops and one steak, along with the beans baked potatoes and salads.
- For lunch today, we are having hot link sandwiches and spinach salad.
- For dinner tonight, we’ll have meat loaf from part of the ground meat, black eyed peas and roasted cauliflower.
- Monday – Arancini with the rest of the leftover ground meat. We will have a pasta salad and garlic bread, along with marinara sauce for dipping the arancini.
- Tuesday – Red beans, sausage and rice using some of the sausage. We’ll also have cornbread and coleslaw.
- Wednesday – Spinach Salad with Steak Strips (the remaining T-bone cut into strips)
- Thursday – Tamales, hot links, beans and cole slaw.
- The smoked pork loin is mostly used for breakfast but one day we will have baked potatoes with shredded smoked pork, grated cheese, chile peppers, and sour cream.
Leftovers, which mostly was sausage and hot links . . we’ll eat those as snacks. Mostly, especially during the week, we eat our main meal at lunch and then we snack for dinner.
I feel like a very lazy cook but we will be quite happy with these meals and that’s what matters.
I’m with you on the “whatever I pull from the freezer we eat” thing but I’ m not into planning quite that well since we retired. We definitely eat “homemade” everything but just less planned.
You are making me hungry with your menus–and I just had dinner! I’m not good at planning meals, so I tend to play it by ear. My freezer is extremely full right now, but a big chunk of it is fiber for spinning. (I’m making sure potential moths are dead. I bought the fiber at an estate sale…)
What? Lazy?!!! I don’t think so! It just amazes me how you come up with your menus just based on what you have. I’ve never been much of a cook so that’s way out there for me!!