The recommendation for Sock #3 is “variegated or hand painted”. Tuesday morning we will see the sample/pattern but I want to have my yarn ready before that time. So many of the socks I make use self-striping or solid/tone on tone type yarns. I’m not very confident in my ability to see a skein of hand painted type yarn and know how it will knit up. I could do a swatch but I’m not!
I can and will go through Ravelry and look to see what these yarns look like when others have knit them. Hopefully someone made socks!
Top to bottom:
- Dragonfly Fibers Damsel – Color: Candy Cane: I don’t see where anyone has used this color. I really like this yarn. I might save it for something else. Hmm . . it’s only 355 yards on the skein and the requirements are for 400 yards so it’s a good thing I noticed that. And, it’s listed as a sport weight. Wonder why that’s in my sock yarn bin.
- Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock – Color: Starry Night: I really like this one. There’s 450 yards so that’s good. Seeing socks made up in this yarn, I like what I see.
- Miss Babs Hot Shot – Color: Petulant: I love Hot Shot for socks! No projects using this color but it’s hard to believe anything with this much pink and purple wouldn’t be gorgeous!
- Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock – Color: Eastern Bluebird: Well, since we have our wildlife exemption based on the Eastern Bluebird, I think this yarn is great! The socks made with it are pretty.
- Miss Babs Hot Shot – Color: BFF: I found one pair of socks using this yarn and I like it. We have one pair of socks coming up where we have to use a second color and I’m thinking this yarn might be good used with black so I may hold it til I see about that pattern.
Right now, I’m leaning towards the Djinni Sock in Starry Night but I welcome any thoughts you may have . . which yarn you like or don’t like. In the end though . . you know I’ll probably go with that Starry Night so don’t be hurt if I don’t choose the yarn you think I should choose, ok?