The days seem to pass so quickly. Not so much the days . . as in an individual 24 hour period, but just time in general. I often wonder . . is it because I’m older or is it because I have so much fun every day? It seems like just yesterday that we were ending 2014 and welcoming 2015 and in what seems like the blink of an eye, we’ll be saying goodbye to 2015.
So, no matter what I think or what I wish . . 2015 is pretty much history and it’s time to see what 2016 has in store for us.
I can pretty much forget about New Year’s Resolutions because I know what’s going to happen . . nothing! Weigh loss, better organized, cleaner house . . but here are some things I really want to do in 2016:
- Make some 18″ doll clothes with matching outfits for Addie. I have a couple of patterns for doll clothes and I can easily adapt little girl patterns and we all know I have plenty of fabric!
- Learn to steek. That’s a knitting term where you knit in the round, then cut up the middle and add a button band. It’s pretty necessary for colorwork but it also avoids a lot of purling and who likes to purl? In one of my Ravelry groups, there’s a “Steek-Along” starting the second week in January and I think I’m going to do that. It’s only yarn, right?
- Spin. The spinning wheel issues have been resolved and I have everything I need . . just have to find some time to practice.
- Rug Hooking. I find this to be relaxing but it’s kinda like my guilty pleasure. Knitting the past few months has been to meet deadlines and it seems like any time I have a minute, I’ve felt like I should be knitting so rug hooking and spinning have been on the back burner. I’m not doing Camp Loopy or the Yarnathon in 2016 so that gives me more time for doing whatever I want to be doing instead of what I “need” to be doing.
- Bags. I want to make some bags. My friend, Judy, and her daughter make the most adorable bags. I have some patterns and supplies . . I just need to do it. I think it’s zippers that have me avoiding getting started but I’m going to do it! In 2016!
On the homefront, I would love for Vince to raise some quail and meat rabbits. That’s another thing that I’m more interested in doing than he is and he will end up with more work than I will so I don’t want to push too hard and so far, he hasn’t jumped and said “That’s a great idea!” so we’ll see how that goes. I bought some quail and am going to smoke them and maybe he’ll think that’s the best thing he’s ever eaten and decide to raise some.
Other than that, it’s the usual knitting, gardening, trying new recipes that will keep me busy and out of trouble.
Is there anything you want to do . . learn to do or something you used to do and haven’t done in a long time?
Whatever you do, I hope you have an amazing 2016 – fun, happy, healthy and prosperous!