How long has it been since I made a quilt block? Weeks! I’m afraid to even think about how long it’s been since I made a whole quilt . . start to finish. The star blocks for this quilt are not going to be a problem but I was a bit concerned about the Meadow Flower block. I went ahead and made one block to be sure all my planning and re-drawing was going to work and it did!
Now I will begin building the block components so progress will appear to be going slowly but I’m hoping to spend more time in the sewing room.
I will write the pattern for this but it’s going to be in the “cheat sheet” format – one or two pages, not a whole lot of detail but something an experienced beginner should be able to do with no problems. Since this Meadow Flower block worked out, this will be an easy, but a bit time consuming quilt. It takes some pinning and fiddling to get all those little yellow points to match up.
I made a pdf for the flower to be paper pieced but on my printer, I struggled to get it to print at the exact right size. We all know that just a little bit off can add up to a whole lot off over several blocks.
Here’s what I need . . a couple of you who will test that Meadow Flower block for me! I want you to paper piece most of it. I don’t care what colors you use. Here’s what I will need for testers to do:
- Be able to receive and print a pdf document. It takes 4 sheets to make one block.
- I will send you (via snail mail) a sheet that I have printed directly from EQ and you can overlay one over the other and make sure what you’re printing is exactly the same size as what I send you.
- Report back to me if you have any problems with getting the pieces to print the correct size.
- Report back to me if you have any problems getting your block to finish at 12-1/2″.
- Report back to me if you have any problems/suggestions with the instructions.
- Have all this done within a couple of weeks of receiving the printed pattern page (which I will mail out tomorrow).
If you’re willing to do this, please send me an email and I’ll get back with you.