Some days I wish I didn’t love being home quite so much. I hate leaving home and, as soon as I make stop #1, I’m having to work to convince myself to keep on . . get all the errands done so I don’t have to go back to town. This morning I knew I had to make a trip to town and I had way more stops to make than my traditional 3 stop limit. I was so proud of myself when I got home and I had made every single stop on my list!
- Stop #1 – Take Rita to the vet. OMG . . every now and then she let out a smell that had me running for the woods. She needed her nails cut so I got them to express her glands and then she got a bath and I think the Fabreze can be put away for a while.
- Stop #2 – Get new glasses adjusted.
- Stop #3 – Get gas. Darn . . gas prices are going up again. Most places in town have it for $1.99 but Stripes has it for $1.89 so I filled up there.
- Stop #4 – Bank. I have not had more than $2 in my purse for the past two or three months.
- Stop #5 – Cullen’s – This is the veggie market/seed store. I needed seed potatoes and got a few more onions.
- Stop #6 – Met Vince for lunch.
- Stop #7 – Kroger
- Stop #8 – Vet to get Rita.
Eight stops! That’s terrible.
Katie Z. says
I do the same thing, but with two or three kids in tow. By the end, I reguarly think it was a mistake, but who wants to make the drive and deal with all the people any more times than necessary? Good job getting it all done!
Sherrill P says
Hey, it’s done, right?! Feels so good! And why would you need more than a couple of bucks in your purse if you never leave home? HA That would be a nasty job for the vet tech (gland expressing)! I’ve always thought I don’t think I could do that! I’d much rather get it all done in one trip and breathe a sigh of relief!! LOL
Sherry V. says
But at least they are all done & you don’t have to think about doing them again for a while.
Judy D in WA says
I must have a detailed list of stops so there is no back tracking or forgetting. I’m with you, 3 is enough for any day and I usually go once a week, sometimes 2 and dread more than that.
At least you went to out to lunch and got some money. 🙂 And hopefully the stink is gone from the dog.
Since I don’t go much, I have only been putting gas in my car once a month and got it for $1.59! Thank you fuel reward points! And if we go together, we take his truck so I save my gas. 😉
I feel the same way. And I am just me! although if DH is with me, there is always a list, as he thinks I’m his chauffeur!!!! i don’t have kids, or a dog anymore…. But still If I go out, it’s at least 3 mi to the grocery (OMG! I KNOW) and there are other stores there too….
If you had stopped at 3, you would have left poor Rita at the Vet’s…you had to continue on to get her back! 🙂
Ya done good, Judy! i’m proud of you. I only made 4 stops today and once I got home realized I’d forgotten one. I’ll get that one tomorrow when I go out again to meet a friend for lunch. As you probably know, I don’t mind going out at all. Looking at my schedule, I don’t think I have a day at home for the next 2 months.
Mary Jo says
Eight stops is better than eight trips into town!