Those knitting designers – they know how to suck me in. My good buddy, Amy, happened to mention the Knit Along, which is tagged as “giftalong2014” on ravelry. The remainder of this post will be blaming Amy so if you prefer to read about someone who accepts responsibility for their own actions, stop here, and maybe you’ll still have a good opinion of me. If, on the other hand, you love reading about someone who blames everyone else for their mistakes and problems . . keep on reading because that’s what you’re going to get! 🙂
So . . Amy casually mentioned the gift along, which I had not heard about. This is exactly what she sent me as part of another email where she was trying to persuade me that I need more yarn: “Tomorrow the Indie Design Gift–along pattern sale starts. There are 293 designers participating.”
Who wouldn’t fall for that . . I had to click the link! Here’s what clicking on the link got me. I bought patterns and I ordered some yarn . . just enough yarn to get me through Thanksgiving because hopefully Eat, Sleep, Knit will be having another Black Friday Sale and I can order more on that day. And then . . look out! The biggest yarn diet known to knitters across the world begins at my house on January 1, 2015.
For the gift along, we could have cast on last night but I’m working on finishing Carabe first. I may not get it finished but I can’t begin the KAL til the ESK package arrives. Can I get all this done before the end of the year? Maybe . . but probably not. I’ll give it my best shot. I’m figuring there’s about 6-1/2 weeks. I should be able to at least get the first three things on the list done, maybe the 4th and probably no chance on the 5th.
This is the order in which I will work on these projects (maybe):
- Bobbly Bunch – This is a sweater and hat pattern for Addie. I ordered Malabrigo Rios in Ravelry Red. She will look so cute in red and if I get it to her before Christmas, it will be perfect for the holidays and if not, it will be perfect for Valentine’s Day and I’m making a size 4 (I think) so she should be able to wear it next year too.
- Just Enough Ruffles – I already had this pattern but I’m making it for Nicole and will use the same Ravelry Red for her and she and Addie will match.
- Cloudberry Scarf and Beret – Love both of these and super bulky yarn is recommended so they should go super fast! I ordered Malabrigo Mecha in Moztaza.
- Ananke – This pattern was also already in my library and I’ll use stash yarn for it.
- Everything Nice Cardi – I love this! This is the one I’m waiting to see if ESK is having a sale before ordering the yarn. I wouldn’t be starting on it til after Thanksgiving anyway.
Anyone else doing the Gift Along 2014? I will plan better next year and be able to start on “opening day”.