This is definitely the last yarn report for 2013 so I’m calling it Week 52 . . even though Week 51 got lost somewhere along the way.
Big changes are coming in my yarn buying habits so my reports will probably not be nearly so entertaining beginning next week!
Yarn came in this week and there’s yarn that’s going to be delivered before the end of the year so I’m counting it all on this week’s report. No use sullying up next year’s Week 1 report, right? If it gets here during 2013, then I’m counting it for 2013, by golly!
Some yarn is here but because we have company coming, I’ve already packed it away without getting a picture and some just isn’t here yet.
Before we get too far into this . . nothing was used!
I can already tell that this story is going to get long. When I get nervous or excited, I talk too much. No . . I’m not always nervous or excited! 🙂
In the photo:
- 5 skeins of Zitron Unisono – I ordered that for the Vera Sanon Winter Mystery Cardigan KAL. I can’t decide what yarn to use. The first installment of the KAL came out yesterday and I’m still here futzing along trying to decide what yarn to use.
- 1 skein of Into the Whirled Hauppauge, color Dream Sequence. This is the December Yarn Club selection. Love it! It goes quite nicely with the Zitron, don’t you think?
- 1 skein of Madelinetosh Vintage, color Moss. Here’s there things happen that surprise the heck out of me. When I did Laura Aylor’s test knit for Rhinecliff, she said that those who finish on time . . your name goes into a hat and she chooses a winner to get a sweater’s worth of yarn and she lets you pick from some of her stash. She drew my name! My first sweater. My first test knit and I won! That was so exciting. I chose 7 skeins of Madelinetosh Vintage in Moss but ordered one more. I know . . not the same dye lot but I’ll alternate if it’s needed for whatever I choose to make.
- 7 skeins Madelinetosh Vintage, color Moss . . described above.
- 2 skeins Miss Babs Alpacacita to make Sara Lace Cardigan.
- 7 skeins Miss Babs Cosmic – for a project I’ll describe later . . this is getting too long.
- 6 skeins Miss Babs Yummy 3 Ply to make Tenaya.
- 8 skeins Berroco Vintage – which I might use for the Winter Mystery KAL that I’m having a hard time deciding what yarn to use!
- 4 skeins Wollmeise Pure – this is also part of that story I’ll tell in another post.
Hmmm . . I think that might be it . . the end! No more yarn buying!
Used this Week: 0 skein
Used since mid-August: 24 skeins
Added this week: 41 skeins
Added since mid-August: 334 skeins
Net Used since mid-August : 310 skeins (Red means I’m in the hole so instead of using this much yarn, I’ve added a net of this much yarn!)