In order to keep up with the Memorial Day Challenge, I knew it would be a tough week. What I didn’t know when I started was that Vince was going to take off work half a day Thursday and all day Friday . . or that he would want me to go to Joplin on Thursday or that he would want to go to Kansas City on Friday. So, for those of you rushing to stay caught up with this project, or to get your tops finished by June 6, I know how you feel! I don’t like feeling rushed and I felt very rushed. My goal was to stay one day ahead of the instructions so I could make sure there were no major errors in the pattern. I did get caught up and my top is finished, as of 10 p.m. Saturday night.
It was worth all the hustle and bustle to get it finished. The patriotic version is even better than the purple and gold version! Here’s what I chose for the backing:
Nothing patriotic jumped out of the stash and said “pick me”. I saw several patriotic prints trying to hide behind other prints but I have a real hard time using fabrics that I love for backings. I shouldn’t but I do. The old cars will be a good backing for a man quilt. I have enough of this fabric left to make a pillowcase or two.
What was used in this project is all I used this week:
Used this Week: 13 yards
Used year to Date: 298.50 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 148 yards
Net Used for 2010: 150.50 yards
Please share with us how you did this week. Thanks!