I’ve really, honestly, promise . . I’ve spent the last four hours cleaning the sewing room. It isn’t clean by any shot but I just found a funny thing. Not sure why I did it but in February, 05 I typed a list entitled “My Computer is Used Every Day For:” I won’t list everything but here are few that struck me as funny:
- Check Chad’s grades online
- Shop for fabric and bargains
- Watch Castlen.com hoping to find a new house
Then apparently Chad found my list and added his own handwritten ideas about why he uses his computer every day. His list includes:
- Entertain my brain
- Relax my feet after a long day of commuting around the school
- Converse freely with others in the US and around the world
- Discuss current events
- Maintain an edge on my gambling skills (HUH?? He was 17 at the time!)
- Find recipes for the times you decide to cook
- Informing myself of my legal rights
Tell me why a 17 year old was thinking about gambling, why he was concerned about his legal rights and when there was a time I didn’t cook!
There’s a good reason I don’t clean . . you never know what you may find!
Lynne in Hawaii says
Maybe the receipes were for HIM to cook?! Maybe like a ‘hope chest’ kinda thing for when he no longer lived at home? Stranger things happen:-)
ROLF! That child of yours is quite the character Judy 🙂
Carolyn Thomas/Silkquilter01 says
I think he was yanking your leg!!!! My now 23 year old son would have done the same thing. lol
ruth anne shorter says
That is tooooo cuuuttteee! Love it. I have been cleaning my sewing room too. I don’t see much difference so far. LOL
I think it is funny! Really – not a bad list for a 17 year old boy!