Do you ever wish there was a Good News TV channel? Nothing but good news. It could be as simple as puppies going to the bathroom outside, a new tab for online classes, a puppy re-arranging quilt blocks, scenes from a flea market, and the list could just go on and on. Couldn’t you see the correspondent interviewing Linda about her new puppy and the house breaking efforts; or Mary’s new online classes and tips tab on her blog; or Penny tumbling around in Vicky’s quilt blocks; or Jaquelynne’s finds at the flea market? Wouldn’t that be a breath of fresh air to hear only good news — happy, funny news? Not going to happen I’m guessing. Ever wonder why for the most part, the only news reported is bad news? It would seem to me that the world would be a happier place if more good news was reported. I don’t get it.
Want to hear the good news coming from the channel that covers my house? Really, there’s not a channel that covers my house — please don’t anyone think there’s a big truck and satellite sitting in front of my house.
- My camera came back . . fixed . . with no note or reprimand about the sticky foreign substance in there; fully covered by the warranty!
- A memory stick adapter that I found downstairs works in my laptop so it isn’t the drive that’s broken but the adapter must’ve been worn out.
- At 10:00 this morning, I didn’t have a clue what I was fixing for lunch. I kept thinking . . eggs . . use eggs! They’re coming out my ears. Then I remembered that I had broccoli and ham and I made a yummy quiche . . from things just sitting around. Oh, I added mushrooms too. It was really good!
- Found a mistake in a pattern I’m teaching next week. That could have been bad news if I didn’t see it til next week but I found it tonight so I was able to fix it and re-print the page with the mistake. That’s real good news!
- The loudest thunder I’ve heard in a long time woke me up real early but it stopped raining before time to go let the chickens out. I wasn’t planning to go out while it was lightning and pouring rain but they’re ready to be out once it gets daylight.
- Went to Wal-Mart and got everything I needed. I was expecting it to be crowded since it was the 2nd of the month but the store was halfway empty. Got what I needed and got out pretty quickly.
- Took a 2 hour nap! I don’t get to do that often enough but just couldn’t help myself this afternoon.
- My dad called to tell me he loved my new boots. We had a good visit.
That’s just a portion of the good news from today! Sometimes when we’re feeling kinda down and like our luck is running on empty, we may just need to make a list of all the good news in our lives.
And, in the meantime, I’ll continue to wait for that Good News TV channel! Maybe I’ve been sewing in my basement for too long! 🙂