The lighting makes the big flower look brownish red but it’s really a burgundy red. Here’s where I stopped Monday night.
Here’s where I stopped last night:
I got almost all the red flower stitched. I still have to make three stitches on the top right and it will be finished except for filling in the “checkerboard” type stitching in the middle of the flower. I got a lot of the second (of three) rows of stitching done on the vine (or whatever that is) and I got that leaf stitched on the flower.
Today I hope to finish the second row of the vine, stitch the middle row of the vine, stitch the right leaf on that left flower. There are two small flowers below the big flower. I hope to get those stitched and two other little flowers or leaves at the bottom of the stem. It would be nice if I could start on the right flower.
I’m hoping to have that whole top section finished by Friday night. I think I can do that.
This is Rejoice Evermore by Brenda Gervais (With Thy Needle and Thread). The floss is silk by Hand Dyed Fibers by Vikki Clayton. I don’t mind DMC floss but every time I start a new project with Vikki’s silks, I want to stitch with nothing else.