I really do want to use linen that I have here. A piece of linen large enough for that piece is a bit pricey plus . . what happens to all my linen if I don’t use it? I guess the same thing that happens to it if I do use it . . Goodwill. 🙂
I keep thinking that something from the stash has to work and I know it will.
You can see the first block and layout for Snowman Collector by Cottage Garden Samplings here.
Last night I dug through a tub of linen and came up with a few pieces that might work. On the three above, which are, left to right, 46 count Snickerdoodle by Leo & Roxy, 40 count Up in the Attic by Fox & Rabbit, and 40 count Platina by Tropical Stitches, I made a few stitches using the white floss I’ll probably use on this project. You can see the stitches to the right of the Leo & Roxy tag on the piece on the left.
You can see them to the right of the tag on the piece above, and in the right hand corner just below the tag on the Up in the Attic by Fox & Rabbit below.
In the photo with all three pieces of linen, the Up in the Attic doesn’t look so dark but I kinda do feel it’s too dark and maybe too pink.
I guess I’ll wait til some of the other floss arrives, and see how the red and “grapefruit” look on these colors.
When Denise and I were talking about stitching this, she reminded me how we don’t like stitching with white. To me, the white floss seems so coarse and a bit uncooperative. After thinking about how much white floss I’ll be using with the snowmen, I decided to switch my floss to Victoria Clayton’s silks. I ordered the floss for the first few blocks so once it arrives, probably early next week, I’ll spread it out and see how it looks with these three linens.
This is the kind of thing that stays in my head til I make a decision and put it all to rest.