We got the info on what we need to do after the floors are done. The guy is coming Monday to get started. Once the final coat is applied, we have to stay completely off them three days. Then the humans can walk on them, with socks – no bare feet and no shoes starting the fourth day. Vince told me he would rather us stay off them a week.
We’re not supposed to put rugs or furniture back on the floors for four weeks. That’s a long time but it’s ok. We can still come upstairs to get things we forgot and I can do some cooking but . . Rita is not trustworthy with her bathroom manners so even if we could keep her off the wood floors, she sleeps in her little fenced in area, which has a water proof rug under it, then we put down puppy pads on top of that. It’s rare . . well, rare for Rita, that she uses the bathroom in there. Maybe once a week but there’s no way I would ever put her in that pen without the water proof rug under it so she has to stay downstairs for four weeks – and we won’t leave her down there by herself so . . we all stay downstairs for four weeks. That’s fine with me because I will do way less cooking, no vacuuming the upstairs or mopping the wood floors. I’m expecting to get a lot done.
Yesterday I got all the projects together . . at least enough for the first week but probably enough for the entire time we’re down there. Almost all the charts, all the linen and all the floss is kept in the sewing room so there’s no danger of me running out of things to do while living in the basement.
Some of you are going to laugh at all the projects in my box but if I don’t work on them, no problem . . I’m just taking them downstairs . . not hauling them halfway across the country.
Of course I’m taking the Book of Days and my bag of stickers.
These are the projects that are going:
- Key to My Heart: I really want this one finished before Valentine’s Day. All my finishing supplies are kept in the sewing room so if I can get the stitching done, I can easily finish this one.
- Noel Sampler: This is my February WIPGO project. I need to put in 40 hours on this one. I also have a stopwatch in the project bag.
- Thy Love Divine: There are a lot of rice stitches to be done. Some nights I’ll be sitting in the family room with Vince and may not be able to devote my full attention to cross stitching so I could make rice stitches without thinking or counting.
- The One Length Project: Of course that has to come. One length per day (some days two!).
- For the Love of Nature: I could see myself working on this one if I have any spare time.
- G. Leger: This is the Valentine’s Day start.
- Cranberry Christmas: This is my Sunday Stitch.
- Little Deeds: This is the next Sunday Stitch if I finish Cranberry Christmas.
- New Year Sampler: I would love to have some time to work on this one.
Did I say we’re staying downstairs for four weeks or was it a year? 🙂
At least I won’t run out of things to do!
A gal has got to options!
Paula Nordt says
It’s always better to have more than enough to do! Like justquiltin said, options are good. Especially since you might get in a mood to work on something other than planned.
wow – 4 weeks? what all are you having done to the floors? We have never been told 4 weeks when we had our wood floors redone! I dont know if I could do that – actually i know I couldnt because we dont have essentially a 2nd house set up like you do! You are lucky! Even on trips I always pack more crafts to do than I ever get to – but you never know if you will actually finish things – or get bored with what you are doing! So better too many than too little (I am the same way with books too!)!
The floors are being refinished because of the dishwasher leak. The floor guy said we can put furniture back on them in 3 weeks but several places on the internet say to wait 4 weeks so we’re going to wait 4 weeks just to be safe.
We are so lucky because we have almost a full living area downstairs – just no kitchen. We have set up the downstairs garage (which is part of the basement and heated and cooled) for the kitchen with the pressure cooker, hot plate and air fryer. We have a fridge down there. We can walk out the downstairs door and walk around to the front, go through the walk through door in the garage and get to the laundry room which has a deep sink for washing dishes and we can do laundry.
We have two recliners and a sleeper sofa in the family room down there, plus a reclining love seat and my stitching recliner in the sewing room, and a full bath so we’ll be fine.
Cindy F says
Looks like you’re all set!! And if you decide you need something after a week you can always walk around in socks! 🙂