On Facebook, someone asked about the back of Addie’s pillow so I thought it would be easier to explain my whole process here.
As you know, I have enough fabric to last a lifetime or two . . or three. Most, I would say about 95% of it, is tone on tone and reads solid because that’s about all I used when quilting. Even with all that fabric, it’s sometimes hard to find a backing for a pillow because I usually prefer that the backings are a print.
These are the fabrics I pulled that I thought might work. With the red trim, I decided not to use the red or green fabric because the red would be too much red; there wouldn’t be enough red with the green fabric but the homespun seemed just right.
I turned it all and stuffed it through the opening in the back that I whip stitched to close (obviously without pinning).
Many of the flosstubers will applique a shape over the opening and decorate it with buttons or metal charms. Some day I may but for now, with Addie, those would be something pick at. I will use some type of fusible to adhere the shape to the opening but I didn’t go to that much trouble. It can always be added later.
As far as I’m concerned . . it’s finished! 🙂