I don’t know how many times I made 1, 2, 3 or even 4 of these little heart things and it wasn’t right and I had to rip it all out. I got them all done once and realized the third heart I had made was wrong. Ripped #4 and #3 out, re-did them and realized the 2nd heart was wrong, ripped all three back and saw something wrong with #1.
I really need to learn to practice til I’m comfortable with something before starting it for real because usually, it takes me a while to get into a rhythm. Now these “large sprats head heart flowers” are not hard for me to do. It just took me a while to get the hang of it. With the linen, where the threads are wider makes the space farther apart between the strands and I’m not crazy about that. I’m using 32 count fabric which isn’t my favorite count but . . I’ll love it when it’s done.
I practiced on my actual linen. I figured if it worked, I have the first flower done. If not, I’ll move down a bit and do it again. I think I’ll keep this one and consider my first flower is done.
Some of the other stitches, I can’t even figure out what’s top, side or bottom on the diagram for placing on the fabric but hopefully by the time I get to it, I’ll have a better understanding.