This is kinda weird but I’ve had this chart for a while. Here’s the screenshot of the front of the pattern:
The other night I was looking at the Punch Needle & Promitive Cross Stitch magazine and saw an ad for The Kitten Stitcher, which is an online shop where I spend a bit too much time and money. I searched for the pattern and it looks so different on The Kitten Stitcher’s website. I had already put it in my cart and for some reason, decided to check the X-Stitch app on my phone to make sure I didn’t already have the chart and I did! I can see that it’s the same chart but the one on Kitten Stitcher’s page looks so much better to me.
I kept telling myself that I wasn’t going to start it because (1) I need to finish A Changed World and (2) I can’t finish it by Halloween – Denise or Jo could . . but obviously, I cannot! I was out cutting okra and decided it’s ok to stitch Halloween things when Fall is approaching and it’s ok to start stitching Christmas things in November . . even though none of them will be finished in time for this year’s holidays. There’s always next year (I hope!).
The called for fabric is 30 count linen and I didn’t have anything that would work so I pulled out a few pieces of 32 count and narrowed it down to these two.
Or this one:
The second one is a bit of a peachy color. It’s 32 count Chalice by Picture This Plus. I think that’s what I’m going to use.
This is the size it would be on 30 count linen:
This is the size it will be on 32 count linen.
The piece I have is 17″ x 25″ so it’s perfect.
I didn’t start it tonight but I’m going to get the floss tags done and stick it all in a project bag and maybe start it tomorrow. My plan is to do the “title” then see how long each little box takes to stitch. There are 31 of those and I’d like to do one a day. IF I could do that, I could get the stitching done by Halloween.