Every time I mention Teresa Kogut’s patreon group, I get a few questions so I wrote Teresa and asked her and will share here responses:
The first question I asked her was about previous month’s charts. I’ve been a member probably for 6 or 8 months but at some point before that, once you joined, you had access to all her previous charts but people were joining for one month, downloading ALL the charts and then canceling their membership so that wasn’t economically feasible for Teresa (or any designer) so now, the charts are released the first of the month and are available for the entire month, then they come down and the next month’s charts are released.
Teresa has told us that she’s working on setting things up so that her Patreon members can buy back charts.
The second question I asked her are whether the charts we’re getting will be availble at some point in needlework shops or to purchase retail.
Here are her responses:
1. Yes, eventually. It will be late Oct/Nov before the past Patreon charts will be available. They’ll be PDFs only. They won’t be available to the public as PDFs nor will the public be able to buy a single design (explained below)
2. For those who do not join Patreon, yes….what I design for Patreon will eventually be available to the public….however, they will be grouped together in a book format and not sold individually. For instance, I will have two books containing several charts in each. Some of the month’s designs where I had a sampler and two smaller charts to go with it will be in it’s own book. Example: September 2021- the 3 I just posted will be in it’s own book.copied from Teresa Kogut’s email response to my questions
My words again:
- There are “levels” of membership and they are explained here.
- There are four levels and with each level, there are different “benefit”. NOTE: There’s a discount for members in her Etsy shop.
- Charts can be upwards of $20 so even at Level 4, it’s a bargain because I like everything she does.
- The charts for Patreon members are all PDF and that’s my preferred way to stitch using Pattern Keeper.
I look so forward to receiving the charts and coloring pages from her each month. It’s, $20 if I pay monthly or $17 if I pay annually, the best investment I make for my cross stitching happiness.