This evening I got A House Is . . framed and it’s my first fully finished project. I don’t have the little gizmo (sawtooth hangers) to hang on the back so I can hang it on the wall. I’ve ordered them from Amazon and they should be here Thursday.
When I first started cross stitching, not even a year ago, I read about all kinds of things and read that a lot of the antique samplers had hardly any “margins”, with the frame almost right against the edge of the stitching. I thought that’s what I would like so a few of the first pieces I have will have less “margins” but I’ve decided I like a bit more so the frames I ordered today will all have at least 3/4″ on all sides. I’m not disappointed with the tiny margin but I do like a bit more.
I think my first frame job was successful. That lacying is a real chore! It kinda reminded me of trying to wind a skein of yarn into a ball when I didn’t know about ball winders and yarn swifts!
We’re at the point now where if you see something not stitched or stitched incorrectly on this one . . I don’t want to know. 🙂