Yesterday I think I ripped out more cross stitching than I have in months. Besides that, I’m a Cross Stitch Camp drop out! I give up. Instagram is never going to be my friend. I tried. All we had to do was do the little @ and add Sheri’s “handle” and then do # and crossstitchcamp. I did it all for June with help. I thought I did it all right for July and it looks right but it didn’t work. That’s ok . . I finished my June piece and I love it. The July piece is one I’ve been wanting to do and I hope to have it finished by the middle of July. August, without a camp cross stitch project, gives me more time to work on A Changed World.
Here’s where I am on the July project. First problem – I had done all of the roof and then I realized the first peak was off by one stitch, which made everything thereafter one row higher than it should have been, which also meant the two gable sections would be off. I tried various shortcuts to fix it or make it at least something I could live with but in the end, I ripped it all out and started over.
Second problem – there’s an almost white for the gable sections and then an ecru for the rest. The almost white didn’t show up so I used another shade of ecru. It didn’t show up so I used a yellow. It didn’t really show up so I switched to a Blendable ecru. Didn’t like that. I probably ripped over 100 stitches trying all those colors. Then I said . . heck with it . . I’m using a light blue and there you have it.
Maybe today I can get to the bottom, chart out my uncle’s name, get all that started but probably not finished. I can’t order a frame til I get that done because it changes the height of the project.