Jeremy saw my post on Facebook about the smoke alarm and you know what happened next! He showed up with a big ladder. He also told e the ceiling in the hallway is 9 feet, not 100 feet! 🙂
He brought his own battery, put it in, got down off the ladder. It beeped. I said “Did you hear that?” Yep, so I handed him my battery. He put that in and it still beeped. I guess the smoke alarm has reached the end of its life so he unplugged it from the wires and took it down.
It was made in 2002 so it’s done a good job or 19 years. Once Vince gets here, we’ll replace all the electric smoke alarms.