I did get a lot done yesterday and I had fun.
For Pet All the Dogs, there are 21 of those little humpy shapes in the border and I’m sure that’s not the correct term for them. I’ve now done 13 of them so I only have 8 more to go. I have 3 more to go on top before turning the corner and starting down the right side. I’m going to stop at that corner, and not do the right side til I get some of the middle done and make sure the border is going to line up right.
And, I’m not going to work on it any more til I get a different frame so I can turn it the other way and work the way that seems right in my head.
You may remember that on Christmas Day I started a project called Grace on Thee. It has a lot of stitching (to me) but it finishes at 7 x 6.6 so, it isn’t big. I had done about half of of the grass/shrubs on the left side but yesterday I finished that, stitched the steps and started on the grass/shrubs on the right side.
Out of the three colors I’ve used so far, I’ve changed two of them. The grass/shrubs were a pale green. My fabric is a little lighter than the fabric used in the sample and the green wasn’t showing up at all. In fact, it looked kinda like a sad yellow-ish green so I switched that out to Weeks’ Dye Works’ Oscar, which I love. Then the white part of the steps, they used Weeks’ Parchment but it was almost exactly the same color as my linen, which is Lambswool, so I switched tossed several white, khaki, tan shades on it and decided on DMC 3865. The gray in the steps . . that’s the only one of the called for colors that I kept so far. I think I’ll use the rest of the called for colors.
Today I plan to work on Farmhouse Christmas and Grace on Thee.