It was hard to even type February 1. January ends this weekend. How time flies.
Here’s the menu or next week. There will not be daily updates. Except for the menus and the notes below, you’re on your own.
I will have extra Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole, Beef Kalops and Shepherd’s Pie for the freezer.
Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Not part of the menu plan but I always bake extra potatoes because I like potato salad made with baked potatoes and I love having cold baked potatoes to chop, toss with butter or olive oil, add seasonings and bake or air fry for either breakfast potatoes or a side dish.
- Roast your own chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken.
- Cook/buy enough chicken to have two cup left over or Wednesday’s meal.
Instant Pot Swedish Beef Kalops
- For the allspice, instead of berries, I use just a dash of ground allspice. It isn’t a flavor I love added to meat but just a hint is good.
- Cook extra broccoli. You’ll need it for tomorrow’s casserole.
- For most of us, we should end up with leftovers of this caserole for the freezer. I divide mine before cooking and place one in the freezer.
- Cook extra carrots to add to Friday’s Soup.
Salad of your choice
- There’s corn, peas, carrot, mashed potatoes and meat. What else is needed?
- This makes enough for at least one freezer dish.
Winter Squash Soup
Tuna Melt (or any sandwich you want)
Winter squash soup is so creamy and thick! You can use any winter squash. I’ll use butternut that I grew in Texas and brought with me. If you’ve never had winter squash soup, please give it a try, even if you don’t consider yourself a squash fan.